Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Skin Of My Yellow Country Teeth


The Skin of My Yellow Country Teeth by Clap Your Hands Say Yeah on Grooveshark


Photobucket


Jacket: Thrift $4, Tank Top: Value Village $6, Jeggings: Value Village: $8, Boots: Value Village $13, Hat: Ardenes $7, Purse: ??? (super old)

Almost a entire thrifted outfit!!!!! I love when that happens and as you can tell from my outfit description i am a very faithful Value Village customer. Although you can totally see the price difference from it and the thrift store in my town which is where i got my jacket from because it is so much cheaper. If someone had told me i would be wearing a cropped jacket of any kind a year ago i would sworn up and down it wasnt going to happen. I am pretty boxy aka no waist so i never found them to be remotely flattering on me but when i was shopping with a friend i found this one and she urged me to try it on. To my surprise i really liked it so always try on things you like but are a bit unsure of because you never know how they might look on!! When i found these jeggings at Value Village i got really excited because they were black and i dont think they had ever been worn before. They fit fine in the change room but the first time i wore them out, i dont have much a bum and they sagged... alot lol. So to fix that i just ripped open one of the seams, cut the elastic smaller and stiched it back up so now they are as good as new :). I just wanted to thank everyone for your lovely comment and I hope you had a great day!!

Photobucket



Photobucket

12 comments:

Elegance by Elizabeth said...

I really love this look! Rocker chic is always one of my favorite looks. You pull it off so well! That jacket and those boots are amazing! :) Thank you for your sweet comments on my posts! XOXO
Elizabeth E~


elegancebyelizabethkay.blogspot.com

JennaStevie said...

Such a perfect laidback look, I looove the shrunken bright denim jacekt. And that impressive that you sewed your tights to make them fit better!
xJennaD

Sabrilett said...

Great outfit, I wish there were thrifted stores where I live ): good thing you could fix the jeggings, it looks great

www.sabrilettsarmoire.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

Fabulous post :)

http://chicgeekblogger.blogspot.com/

Please take a minute to look at my trunkshow;

http://iouproject.com/tsh/jessica-karen/

hattitude said...

Hattitude Style Blog

ha, we seem to have the exact same body shape. boxy, no waist, and no bum! just kind of straight down. i like wearing cropped things though just so that i can get ANY even if it's a teeny tiny waist out of it!

talk soon wild child
-Hattie
Hattitude Style Blog

Maria- CityLaundry said...

i love the simplicity of this outfit! that jean jacket is great!
xx
http://citylaundry.blogspot.com/

Harriet said...

This is such a great outfit - I am so impressed that it's all thrifted!

Love the jacket especially - what a good buy!

The Jones said...

I am such a fan of this ensemble...I love how it's totally black except for that really fab light denim jacket. Really makes the jacket stand out!

<3 cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

lepinkbow said...

great look! i love the jacket too! (:

xo
daisy

model busana muslim murah said...

This is a great posting I have read. I like your article.

Clouds said...

Gorgeous outfit! Loving every piece x

Anonymous said...

You're looking a little bit like Carly Rae Japson! :-)